Friday, September 24, 2010

I have been visiting my darling daughter and her family since Sunday.  I am blessed to be able to visit my daughter every three months and this visit was for her 34th birthday!  On Monday morning after taking my granddaughter to Kindergarten we had "Coffee Morning" with three of my daughter's closest neighbor friends.  How fun was that?!!!  After picking my granddaughter up from Kindergarten we ate Teriyaki Tofu at a little hole-in-the-wall place and it was yummy, yummy, yummy!!! After shopping for the day we met my son-in-law at Macaroni Grill for my daughter's birthday dinner.  What a day!!! My son-in-law surprised his lovely wife with an iPad for her birthday!!!

My daughter's dad and step-mom decided to come to celebrate her birthday at the same time so we were all here together.  I thought it would be awkward  and was a little nervous but it was totally okay.  My ex-husband was on his best behavior (he is quite a joker and often times at another's expense); his wife and I have always gotten along just fine.  And I just spent lots of time cooking to keep myself out of trouble--lasagna, strawberry shortcake, apple pie.  When my daughter gets stressed she cleans; when I get stressed I cook!

My granddaughter loved having me go to her classroom on Monday & Tuesday.  Then Wednesday she got to show off her other grandparents at school.  She also got to be the center of attention for three doting grandparents for almost two days.  What more could a five year old want?!!!  The highlight was Wednesday night when my precious granddaughter lost her first tooth!  And I got to be the one to pull it!  Actually the tooth practically fell out in my hand but since I technically pulled it she said, "You are the BEST Gramma EVER!!!  How great is that?!!

Yesterday I crafted with my daughter's next door neighbor for a couple of hours.  We made a couple of really cute projects which I will post pictures of at another time.

Today I am heading home--long drive!  I love to visit and get teary when I have to leave but all good things must come to an end:(  Time to let their little family get back to normal!

Have a great day and a super weekend!  Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment