Monday, November 8, 2010

Mizidra

I am not a fan of lentils but the recipe I am sharing with you today is delicious--even if it does use lentils!  Try it and let me know what you think.  A great recipe for company:)

Mizidra


2 dry lentils
4 cups water
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp. chicken-like seasoning
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp. marjoram
1/8 tsp. thyme
1 bay leaf

Bring above ingredients to a boil on the stove then reduce heat and simmer till done (about an hour).

2-3 cups cooked brown rice
chopped sweet onion
shredded lettuce
chopped tomatoes
chopped avocado
chopped olives
salsa
sour cream or plain yogurt

Assemble ingredients on individual plates as you would a tostado:

first layer--rice
second layer--lentils
then chopped onion, lettuce, tomato, etc.
top with salsa and sour cream

Enjoy!  Kat

2 comments:

  1. When I saw this recipe, I had to try it. My husband loves lentils, and I hate 'em. You're right, this is a wonderful recipe. Thanks for sharing it.
    Tina Davis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed it! My husband says once a week for this recipe isn't too often:) Always nice to know someone else appreciates it too!

      Delete