Thursday, November 4, 2010

Therapy Thursday

I love thrift stores!  Actually I have an addiction to thrift stores!!  There is a thrift store in Condon, OR that is only open on Thursdays.  When I worked in Condon, I visited this thrift store EVERY Thursday both for the values I found there and to visit with the staff.  One of the ladies starting calling it Therapy Thursday because we got so much pleasure from our visits.  So when I was trying to think of a theme for Thursdays posts which are about things I love to do and that bring me pleasure, I decided Therapy Thursday fit perfectly.

Adorable box/bag 
Gift tags galore!
This week I have been paper crafting.  Tuesday, I did a Stampin' Up! workshop for a friend and they made Tea Bag Holders--cute!  Everyone had a good time, including me:)  But, before I went to the workshop, I wanted to make some Christmas items to give them ideas of what they could do with one of Stampin' Up's! cutest Designer Papers, Jolly Holiday.  I made a gift box/bag (directions at www.dawnsstampingthoughts.net) and used the leftover designer paper to make gift tags--3"x3" card type, 2"x2" card type and tags.  The stamp set I chose for the tags is called Tags til Christmas. I have had sooo much fun.  Well, of course, everyone oohed and ahhed over the adorable box/bag and the tags are just too cute!  At the Happy Stampers stamping club this month we will be making the box/bag and gift tags.  And for the first time ever, I have all the supplies cut out and ready to go two weeks before stamping club!  High five for me!!!  My stamping buddies will get a preview of their very fun projects for November:) 

Now that the fun is over, I need to clean up my dining room table and get some cleaning done:(  Is that supposed to be part of the "therapy" or should I save the cleaning for tomorrow--hmmm!
See girls! Here's proof that your projects are ready to go!










Tomorrow's post theme is Reflections so see you then:)  Kat

www.stampinup.com ( be sure to email me at stampinandgrinnin@gmail.com if you need a catalog or want to place an order.

No comments:

Post a Comment