Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April Thank You

I am so excited about my April Thank You cards! I have been wanting the Tea Shoppe stamp set since the Occasions Mini Catalog came out in January but there was always something else I needed to get. Finally, I just bit the bullet and bought it. We are using the big teacup on one of our cards for the Happy Stampers stamping club on April 18 so will be able to show you that card on the 19th:) My inspiration for these cards was none other than Dawn Griffith at Dawn's Stamping Thoughts. Dawn's cards were 3" x 3" cards and mine are note card size. Every time someone orders Stampin' Up! products through me during the month of April they will receive one of the above cards. So if you order three times you will receive one of each of the above cards!


Since the 2010-2012 In Colors will be retiring the end of May, I decided to use them one more time. I used Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz and Concord Crush. I embellished some with Basic Pearls and some with Basic Rhinestones. I also used a white gel pen for the "doodle dots" around the Scallop Circle. The punches I used are:

  • 1 3/8" Circle
  • 1 3/4" Scallop Circle
  • Modern Label
  • Word Window
  • Large Oval
  • Scallop Oval
  • Decorative Label
I went kinda punch happy this month!!! By the way, if you are looking for a great bargain on Stampin' Up! punches, check out the Stampin' Up! Clearance Rack. If you don't already have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, please pick me--Kathy Skinner:)

Our sweet little Rocky (English Bulldog puppy) is going to the Vet for surgery one more time. About a month and a half ago he went in to have a "cherry eye" repaired, benign tumor removed and to be neutered. Well, about three weeks after the surgery we were concerned that the eye wasn't healing properly. So off to the Vet we went (I'm about to put her on speed dial)! The stitches that were supposed to dissolve only partially dissolved and they were poking him in the eye. The Vet took them out and the eye started to heal again only to have the "cherry eye" reappear:( Sooo, Rocky gets another trip to the Vet. Hopefully this will take care of the problem...forever!

I hope you are having a good week. I will be back on Thursday with a yummy recipe.  Kat

3 comments:

  1. Adorable card! I am lovin the blog by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! The Tea Shoppe stamp set will be a favorite for quite awhile as I love a good tea party!!! Wait till you see the one I did with the Tea Shoppe stamp set and the Hello Doily stamp--waaayyy too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete