Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sympathy Card

A dear and long-time friend of ours died recently and I needed a special card to send his wonderful wife. This stamp set, Language of Friendship, wasn't one I thought I wanted or needed but I got it for free during Sale-a-bration. As I was blog-hopping the other day I came across this card and knew it was the perfect Sympathy card for my friend. I have Sandy Mathis at Stamp with Sandy to thank for this beautiful card:) Sandy has a lot of other great ideas for cards and scrapbook pages so be sure to check out her blog. 
For this card I used:

  • Island Indigo, Pool Party, Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder and Old Olive card stock
  • Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper (from Sale-a-bration)
  • Language of Friendship stamp set
  • Stampin' Pads: Island Indigo, Cajun Craze, Concord Crush, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso
  • Punches: Bird Builder, Boho Blossom
  • Big Shot, Framed Tulips Embossing Folder, Designer Frames Embossing Folder
  • Basic Pearls, Dimensionals
For the inside of the card I stamped the Boho Blossoms from the Language of Friendship stamp set in Concord Crush. The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations (retiring the end of May) and I stamped it in Early Espresso.

This is a card I will definitely make again as I really like the way it turned out.

Well, tomorrow I have a bright and fun card to show you from the Summer Smooches Sneak Peeks! I really had a fun time playing with the Summer Smooches! They are bright and fun and a little goes a long ways! Come back tomorrow to see what Summer Smooches are!

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment