Monday, June 4, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #21

Ahh! It looks like this post is kinda funny looking but I don't have time to fix it before I leave this morning so please forgive me. I hope you enjoy reading it any way. I was going to try to fix it but decided to move on. Better luck on my next post?!!!


Good Morning! And welcome to Happy Homemaker Monday! This fun project originates each week with Sandra at {Diary of a Stay at Home Mom}.  Lots of fun stuff on Sandra's blog so check it out when you have time to browse:)



The weather:::
Raining:( We need the rain but... Only 51 degrees! Summer, please hurry! 
On my reading pile:::  
Haven't really felt like reading lately but the books I am trying to read at the moment are:

  • The Energy of Money by Maria Nemeth, Ph.D. 
  • A Time to Dance by Karen Kingsbury (honestly I can't believe I haven't finished it yet)
  • Horse of a Different Color by Ralph Moody (one more chapter to go). This is the last book in the Little Britches series and we read them aloud as a family.


On my TV:::

Not really interested in anything till Wednesday night when Dogs in the City will be on again. Love that show!!! Also would like to watch The Shunning and Summer in Genoa this week on Netflix.

On the menu for this week:::

 Monday -   Dinner out--Olive Garden maybe:)
Tuesday -   Garbanzo Pot Pie
Wednesday -  Potato Soup
Thursday -   Mizidra (brown rice topped with lentils then built like a tostada)
Friday -  Bean & Bulgar Chili
Saturday -  Not sure
Sunday -   Tacos


On my to do list:::

  • Shopping with hubby today
  • Gotta get those sewing projects started and finished!
  • Gotta get some cards made--need Thank You, Father's Day and Birthday, oh my!!! And several of each!

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::


  • Started a doily last week and finished it last night.
  • Planning to make a clothes pin bag out of an old pair of blue jeans.
  • Will definitely be making those cards this week.
  • I am planning to crochet a dress for my granddaughter's 18" doll while traveling today. Need to make two of them because she has two dolls.
  • I have fat quarters that are begging to be made into a purse (for me???)

Summer Fun:::


I am hoping my summer fun includes a few motorcycle trips with my husband. Something about holding on for dear life to the man I love. Hmmm:) 



And am also hoping to make a visit happen with my niece and her children plus my daughter and granddaughter. 


Other than that, I will enjoy picking strawberries and raspberries from our garden:)

Looking around the house:::

I have three dogs--a 12 year old miniature Dachshund; a 2 year old Great Dane and an 9 month old English Bulldog-- who are playing and fighting in the living room (at my feet) as I type. Dishes need to be done (which I will do as soon as I am finished with this). My new doily is on the coffee table ready to be pressed, photographed and blogged.

From the camera:::

I posted a picture of Rocky in the windowsill yesterday for my Sunday Night Chit-Chat but this one is the look he gave me when I asked him what he was doing up there!


Something fun to share:::

I can't think of anything at the moment but will come back and edit if I think of something.

On my prayer list:::

  • My mom's health
  • Friends who are turning their regular restaurant into a Vegan restaurant. They have a strong desire to teach people about health. They are currently eating about 75% raw themselves; she has lost 35 pounds and he has lost 55 pounds. Such a testimony to what they are doing.

Bible verse, Devotional::: 

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
"Take therefore no thought for the morrow:for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matthew 6:33 & 34

Thank you for stopping by today. I enjoyed taking part in Sandra's Happy Homemaker Monday:) Kat

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you haven't finished "A time to dance!" haha, I love Karen's books and have all of them! I am excited that she has a new one coming out on the 26th! I will have that one delivered directly to my Kindle! I loved reading this post! :) <3 U!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Just haven't felt like reading much lately:( So glad you enjoyed the post:)

      Delete
  2. Hahah I love that picture of your doggy on the windowsill. :)

    Love Karen Kingsbury :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the picture. We get lots of funny pictures of THAT dog! Hubby says I should give the other dogs equal time with the camera/blog but they just aren't that funny! How can you NOT love Karen Kingbury?!!!

      Delete