Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summer Smooches Notepad Case

My Happy Stampers meet TONIGHT and I am sooo excited for them to see the projects I have for them! As promised, I will tell you which one of the Matchbook Post-it Holders I decided to use...both of them; well sorta! I decided to use the Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo but give the ladies a choice of which stamp set to use to decorate it! Now, how smart was that!!! I love choices, don't you? For the other two stamping club projects you will just have to wait because I don't want to spoil the surprise for the ladies:)

I am sure you're asking yourself what's up with that BORING picture Kat has up today?!!! For the last several months I have been giving the "hostess of the month" at stamping club a notepad case (when I remember to BUY the cases to make them). I found the idea and instructions on Jill Olsen's website Stamping Jill. For the video tutorial click HERE

The notepad case is made using:

  • one of Stampin' Up!'s Clear Mount Stamp Cases (4 for $5.95)
  • a piece of 10 1/2" X 7" piece of double sided Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper
  • a 5" wide note pad and you can either put an envelope inside to hold receipts or a Post-it note pad. Now, just a note about the notepads...take your ruler with you when purchasing the notepads. Staples sells one that says 5" X 8" but it is in fact 5 1/8" and won't work. The notepads at Office Max and Office Depot are the correct size but measure to be sure. They come in a package of 12 but since you want your notepad to be 7" long, not 8", you will need to ask them to cut 1" off your notepads.

Notepad Case closed

Since the notepad case looked a little BORING, I decided to add this little flower using the Blossom Punch with Lucky Limeade and Rich Razzleberry card stock. I topped it off with a button from the Brights Collection.  Now, what do you think my "hostess" will think of that?!!!

Are you curious to see the inside? 
Notepad Case open

See? Pretty paper on the inside too (thanks to double-sided dsp)! A full pad of Post-its won't fit with the notepad so I just peeled off about 2/3 of a pad to put in the case. I took a 2" x 5" strip of the same Summer Smooches dsp to wrap around the top of the notepad. I used Sticky Strip to adhere it. 

If you watch the video tutorial by Jill Olsen (Jackie Bolhuis is demonstrating the project on this video) you will see that you can really gussy this up. I will try to do one soon to show you what I mean. These notepad cases make wonderful gifts so I hope you make one soon.

Well, I'm off to get ready for my Happy Stampers Club! Have a wonderful day!

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment