Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Night Chit-Chat

My picture tonight is of a new cookbook I just ordered today from Amazon! I can hardly wait to get it! If you are one of my faithful readers you know we are in the process of becoming Vegan. We are just about there--just have the eggs to go. We do purchase organic, free-range eggs but those will be going soon too. One of the hardest things to give up is cheese--LOVE cheese! This cookbook was recommended to me by a friend so thought I would give it a go. I don't expect these recipes to taste like cheese, just give some substitutes that will be acceptable. I will share more as I try the recipes:)

With Amazon you get free shipping if you purchase $25 or more (unless the purchase is from a third party) so had to add a few more books to my order. I am very excited about the Shawls Two on the go! book I added. These will be fun projects to work on this winter. I think I would like to get some green yarn like in the picture to make that shawl--yummy!

Okay, so enough about my purchases:) It is time for the Sunday Night Chit-Chat started each week by Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily. Check out her blog for the rules and what she has been up to.

I am...

Reading...Still nothing at the moment but ordered book two and three of the Annie's People series by Beverly Lewis. I already have The Preacher's Daughter (book one) so now that I have the others on their way I can start reading it:)

Watching...The guys are watching The Three Muskateers.

Listening to...The wind blowing outside, our English Bulldog snoring beside me and the movie playing in the background.

Cooking/baking...We had spaghetti, salad (fresh from the garden) and corn on the cob. I think it's the first real meal I have cooked in two weeks! Need to bake some bread but think I will put it off till tomorrow.

Happy I accomplished this week... It took 10 days for my swap cards to get from Oregon to Vancouver, BC but I was sooo relieved when they finally got there! That's not really an accomplishment but I did feel good about it:) I got the house clean on Friday and that felt really good. Also reconnected with an old friend which I had been meaning to do but kept procrastinating. Have you ever noticed that the longer you put something off the harder it is to do? Well, I just happened to see her in town, visited and set a lunch date. Felt good to reconnect:)

Looking forward to next week...

  • Having lunch on Tuesday with friend I reconnected with:)
  • Going to Oregon State Fair with Hubby and Son next Sunday--brunch first at Sweet Tomatoes then off to the Fair!!! We don't do the carnival rides but love the exhibits and vendors!
  • Getting my Amazon order! Love new books...especially cookbooks!
  • Picking lots of raspberries! Yes, we have Fall raspberries:)
Thankful for today...My health! Even though I have Fibromyalgia and have pain and other annoying issues, it is not life threatening and I can function like a normal person (whatever that is) about 85% of the time. I am also thankful for friends who keep me sane and feed my soul! Carla said she is thankful for her husband who works so hard for their family and I want to second that with my hubby! He works hard and manages our money so well! I appreciate all he does for our family:)

Well, that's it for this week's Sunday Night Chit-Chat! Thank you for stopping by and I hope you will come back to visit tomorrow!

Kat






2 comments:

  1. Yay for fall raspberries! They are my absolute favorite fruit.
    My mom has Fibromyalgia as well. We could never understand as kids why mom was always sleeping on the couch. When she wasn't sleeping she was irritable and in pain. I was almost graduated before she was diagnosed. She seems to be much better now but its always there.
    It seems corn on the cob was popular last night ;) Have a great day and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The diagnosis really helps because you then KNOW what you're dealing with (sorta) and also know it's not all in your head like so many doctors tried to tell me. Air hugs to you and your mom:)

      Delete