Thursday, September 6, 2012

Oregon State Fair

Oregon State Fair
Oregon State Fair (Photo credit: Wikipedia)


Last Sunday was Fair Day for our family! We got a late start but met up with hubby's brother and sister-in-law for brunch at Sweet Tomatoes in Clackamas (my favorite part) then off to Salem we all went! Got to the Fairgrounds about 2:00 so decided to forgo the normal fair stuff and go right to the Commercial Vendors! They always have such fun stuff to see...and buy!

Sooo...what did I buy at the Fair this year? More than I should have, of course. This was the main reason I didn't join in with Carla's September Savings Challenge at My 1/2 Dozen Daily. That and my daughter's birthday is in September and I haven't got all of her gifts yet. I may have to do a Savings Challenge of my own but will have to wait till after Christmas!


Jose Eber Flat iron--I wanted this two years ago when I was at the Fair but wasn't sure I wanted to shell out $99 for it. In the meantime I have gone through a couple of cheaper ones so would have been money ahead to have spent the $99 in the first place. So far, I love it!!! I will try to get before and after pictures for you--it's pretty remarkable!



The Miracle Whisk--This thing is amazing! You can whip up skim milk to a thick topping and, in my case, I can whip up coconut or rice milk to make a wonderful whipped topping for my berries! At the Fair we only had the choice of a black handle or all metal; I chose all metal. We got a 2fer deal on these so I got one and my sister-in-law got one.




Corium 21 Premium Aloe Healing Cream--I am hoping this is the answer to my eczema! I do know that it takes the burn and itch out so will keep using it and see if I can get rid of the nastiness! My son also has issues with eczema so he is also trying it. I can't tell you how many dollars I have spent on lotions and potions to get rid of my eczema...all to no avail:( So let's add one more to the list!!!




Velvet Eyeliner--I am super excited about this eyeliner because it goes on smooth and thin with almost no effort! It looked so good that I forgot to put mascara on!


 OMG Honey Ginger Teriyaki Sauce--Oh so yummy! I bought two bottles to use on noodles and vegetables. Hmmm...I'm thinkin' Yakisoba maybe:)


We got a few other small things but the ones I listed are my favorites! Probably #1 on my list of favorites is the Jose Eber flat iron and #2 would be the Velvet Eyeliner. Yup! I'm a girly-girl:)


It doesn't look like I will get any cards done this week but hoping to next week. Also sorry I missed out on the Sunday Night Chit-Chat but we didn't get home from the Fair until after midnight. And Monday I was way too tired to blog at all. I think I am finally catching up so should get back into full blogging swing again! 




I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment