Thursday, September 27, 2012

September Thank You Cards

I am not accomplishing near what I hoped to while my hubby is out of town BUT I did make my Cupboard Trilogy Design Team card (shhh...can't show it to you till October 1) plus 12 thank you cards for my September customers. I only made one like the one pictured--simplified it just a bit for the rest. Today I am making 8 more for my husband's solar clients plus two birthday cards and two sympathy cards.

I have France Martin from Stamp & Scrap with Frenchie to thank for this very fun card technique. She calls it the Fall Rainbow. The link will take you to her video tutorial. I gotta tell ya, this is one talented lady...and funny too! I love her videos! I figured if she made 120 of these cards, I could make 20:)

For this card I used the following Stampin' Up! products:

  • Very Vanilla and Cajun Craze cardstock
  • Creative Elements stamp set
  • Classic Stampin' Pads: Old Olive, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze and Early Espresso
  • Labels Collection Framelits; Square Lattice Embossing Folder; Big Shot
  • Other: Dimensionals (of course); Mini Glue Dots; Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding (retired); Basic Rhinestones; Stamping Sponges
The picture on the right is more what the cards looked like for my customers except I used the Create stamp instead of Thank You. The card pictured on the right is what my hubby's solar clients' card look like. I used the sentiment from the Day of Gratitude stamp set and changed the seam binding to Always Artichoke after running out of Pear Pizzazz. I think I like the Always Artichoke better, don't you?


One more picture to show you what I did on the inside. I simply took a strip of the torn card stock I used to make the card front, placed it at an angle, sponged two colors then stamped with the flower image. 

This was a really fun card to make. I hope you will give it a try. I will be back tomorrow with another card or two but until then, Happy Stamping!

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment