Friday, November 23, 2012

5 Things Friday

Welcome to 5 Things Friday!  Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily started this a few weeks ago and I really like the opportunity to share bits and pieces with you. Carla has had sick kids for the last week so didn't do a 5 Things Friday this week but I wanted to do it anyway! Sooo...

  1. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with family and friends. Good food, good fellowship, lots of laughs! Last night my BIL and SIL, son, hubby and I played a game called Things till after 11:00 and laughed ourselves silly! Have you played Things? Great game for a group of people--the more the better.
  2. Company is gone; house is put back together; there is a calm throughout the land. Ahhhh:) As nice as it is to have company, it is also nice to have the house back to "normal"!
  3. I tried to cut my thumb off while cooking yesterday. Cut right though the thumb nail:( Boy, does it ever hurt! My sister-in-law is a doctor and recommended I put super glue on it! That is keeping it bearable. Before I put the super glue on the split part of the nail would grate back and forth--worse than fingernails on a chalkboard! I don't think I should be trusted with a knife when we are having company. What do you think?!!!
  4. Since we got rid of our memory foam mattress topper, our bed feels like a cheap motel mattress:( I was sooo spoiled! But, we have a featherbed topper coming next week from Costco:D Do you see me doing the happy dance?!!! 
  5. Time to kick it into high gear and get those Christmas presents made! I will start on Sunday so will be posting what gets done:) Are you making any Christmas gifts this year? What are your favorite gifts to receive--money, gift cards, handmade, electronics, books, ???
Have a great Friday and remember to come back for the Sunday Night Chit-Chat! Thanks for stopping by today. Your visits mean more than you'll ever know:)

Kat



2 comments:

  1. Oh your poor finger!! :( I feel for you! We'll need to get you a play-doh knife! ;) lol! I totally forgot about 5 things Friday today! Oh well... Maybe I'll do mine tomorrow! lol!

    Like your question at the end... As long as the gift is from the heart, I don't care if its store bought, gift card etc... But I do especially love it when someone takes the time to make me something special!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carla, you are so funny! I think my family might agree with you about the play-doh knife! My love language is gifts--giving and getting so I like knowing thought was put into the gift. My least favorite is a check or money. Gifts from the heart are always perfect:)

    ReplyDelete