Friday, November 2, 2012

Five Things Friday

Oh my! This is scary! It is only 4:30 am and I am already up and at it this morning. Come to think of it, I was up this early yesterday morning! Years ago I got up at this time every morning but then Fibromyalgia hit and with it came Insomnia and Chronic Fatigue:( So, these are mornings I will enjoy and cherish because I know they are short lived! The really scary thing is TWO posts in one day!!!

Last week the dear Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily started 5 Things Friday! I wasn't sure I would be able to participate today because I have a VERY busy day ahead of me BUT when I woke up at 4:00 I felt that I DID have the time after all. 5 Things Friday is just random stuff that probably wouldn't make a whole post in themselves but I want to share anyway!


  1. Secret Sister Swap...My package goes in the mail today; ready or not! I have one more thing I need to get but I will send that as a bonus for her next week. It is something that was on her list and I know she will love it but didn't get the chance last week to purchase it. Well, I could have this week while we were in Seattle but I am a little (okay, a lot) intimidated by driving in Seattle.
  2. Devastation on the East Coast...I was watching a news program last night and saw the devastation on Staten Island and the helplessness of so many people. Justin at jk cards said he is still out of power but his building has a generator so it's not as bad as it is for some. I believe Justin lives on Long Island. The Jersey Shore is another really hard hit area. 
  3. My 100 Thing Fling Boogie...Otherwise known as the Reverse 100 Things Challenge. I am up to 50 and plan to increase that amount this weekend with 10 pairs of shoes. I wore a lot of different shoes when I was working in an office but just haven't shown them any love in the last two years so will donate them so someone else can have a chance to love them. I have a doctor's appointment next week that will take me close to a Goodwill Store where I can drop the items off--YAY!--and pick up a receipt for tax purposes. Yes, I have itemized each and every item! I am going to try to gather 25 more items (not counting the shoes) before Thursday.
  4. Christmas List...Trying to work on my Christmas list so I can start working on items that I want to make. Hubby and Son are always so hard to buy for--if they want it they have usually already bought it! I may do Coupon Books for them of things I can do for them. What do you think of that idea? Then there is my daughter and granddaughter that I have a hard time NOT buying for--so much to buy; so little money! I just purchased an early Christmas present for my daughter but since she occasionally reads my blog, I can't tell you what it is until she gets it:)
  5. Did you know...(and you probably did!) That with the Kindle App for the iPad you can download books from Amazon.com and read them on the iPad? And did you know that a lot of the Classics are FREE! There is also a lot of smut for free but I am so not into smut! I like my books clean and wholesome! Oh, and another thing I found out this week is about SpiritClips. My idea of a great movie is one with no sex, no violence and no bad language; a movie that makes me feel good at the end about the two hours I spent watching it; a movie that makes me want to be a better person. SpiritClips is through Roku (we have a Roku box for our Netflix) and for just $35.99/year (US) you can watch Hallmark Hall of Fame movies! These movies are my absolute favorite and the opportunity to watch potentially 50+ wholesome movies for just $35.99/year makes me over-the-top excited!!! If I watch one movie per week for a whole year, that's only 69 cents per movie!!! I hope you will get excited about this too!
Well, that's my 5 things for this Friday! Now, on to that LONG "to do" list I have for today! Wish me luck!

What is your favorite movie of all time? I would have to give it a little more thought but Freedom Writers ranks right up there near the top!


Kat

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip about the movies!! I prefer movies I can watch my oldest daughter as she's the one I watch most of them with... :) I LOVE 'A Walk to Remember" with Mandy Moore. Have you seen it? You'd love it I'm sure!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, A Walk to Remember is a great movie! Maybe should watch that one again as it's been awhile.

      Delete
  2. You are doing great on de-cluttering! I love the Italian movie "Life is Beautiful", a great story about love, life and sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have seen Life is Beautiful but will surely check it out! If you could only see what NEEDS to be decluttered you would shutter!!! I think I will try your 365 things in a year starting in January! None of the stuff before counts and I will still have too much stuff:(

      Delete