Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday


It's time again for Happy Homemaker Monday started each week by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Be sure to look at her post for last Friday...love the hand knitted dish cloths! I may have to make a few of those myself!

The weekend was good! We got rid of all our memory foam that was on our bed and we're hoping that was the cause of the terrible rash I have had since September. Every night I get angry places where the bumps swell up and the area gets super angry looking! The angry spot is different every night and starts flaring up about 5:00. Benadryl to the rescue! Without it I would itch myself raw:( 

Okay, let's get started...

The weather...Cold, rainy and very windy! I guess it really is November!!!

Right now I am...Sipping a cup of Yerba Mate, listening to the wind blow and making a list of things to do today!

Thinking...about all I have to do to get ready for Thanksgiving!

On my reading pile...Bah, Humbug! by Heather Horrocks and Sackett's Land by Louis L'Amour. The Louis L'Amour book will be on the pile for awhile since we only read two chapters a night. I have a couple of cookbooks on the pile as well: Top 30 Vegetarian Dinner Recipes for Busy Women and Vegan Baking Classics. Also have the new issues of Vegetarian Times Magazine and Better Homes & Gardens.

On my tv...Nothing unless I decide to watch a few more episodes of McLeod's Daughters.

On the menu for the week...
Monday--Tacos with quinoa taco "burger"
Tuesday--leftover Vegetable Stew with Dumplings
Wednesday--whatever is easy as I will be baking pies
Thursday--Thanksgiving Dinner will be Oven Roasted Vegetables, Bread Dressing, Brussels Sprouts, Green Salad, Dinner Rolls, and pie (Pumpkin, Pecan and Apple)
Friday--leftovers
Saturday--Potluck at church
Sunday--Mizidra

On my to do list...

  • Finish cleaning our guest apartment
  • Wash kitchen cupboard fronts
  • Clean out refrigerator
  • Shampoo carpets (hoping hubby will do this one)
  • Bake bread
  • Make pies and rolls on Wednesday
  • Laundry
What I am crocheting, knitting, sewing or creating...Still knitting the infinity scarf but really wanting to make some dish cloths after I saw Sandra's! 

Homemaking tips...Want help deciding what should stay and what should go in your closet? Hang all the hangers backwards in your closet. When you wear an item hang it up facing forward. At the end of a year get rid of all the items still hanging backwards! This helpful hint is from DIY Home Sweet Home

Looking around the house...Dogs scattered across the living room (as usual)! Magazines messy on the coffee table. Otherwise the house looks pretty good.

From the camera...Nothing again this week:( Gotta get some pictures taken.

On my prayer list...A friend of mine with health issues; a church member who lost her husband and a neighbor who lost her husband.

Bible verse; Devotional:
"'Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?' Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" Matthew 22:36-39 (NIV)

I hope you have a wonderful Monday! The Happy Homemaker Monday always puts me in the mood to have a good Monday instead of dreading it! 

What are your Thanksgiving plans? Do you have a signature dish that you serve every year?

Kat



2 comments:

  1. We are staying home for Thanksgiving. This year we are hosting friends. It's going to be a great day of fellowship.

    We always serve corn pudding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! Corn Pudding sound yummy! Do you share your recipe? Thanks for visiting today:)

      Delete