Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Little This and a Little That

The Weather in North Central Oregon
High temperature for us today
Ice covering the tree and bushes
We are still living with freezing fog here in North Central Oregon:( We are hoping it will break tomorrow and I don't mean the tree branches! There is ice on everything but you have to admire the beauty of the ice patterns.


Check out the ice on the pickup antennae!

January No/Low Spend and Decluttering Challenge:

Now, on to the January No/Low Spend and Decluttering Challenge...I flunked:( I still have a week to do some more decluttering and I will work on it and plan to continue decluttering through February! By the way, does decluttering my email count? I have been going through and unsubscribing to emails that I'm really not interested in anymore! I have unsubscribed to at least 20 so far--whoo hoo!!!

Where I really flunked was the spending! Last week I spent...

  • $10 for 1" Hexie kit and a special ruler that adds 1/4" seam allowance
  • $10 donation to Neighborhood Center as part of the January Challenge at My 1/2 Dozen Daily.
  • $15.75 to Avon lady for Magix Face Perfector (love this stuff! I am using Maybelline BB Creme currently and don't like it near as well as the Magix); it was buy one get one for 1/2 off:)
  • $37.00 to purchase stamping items from a demonstrator who is quitting her business--I think I paid too much because shipping was a killer but it helped her liquidate a little of her inventory.
This week I was hoping to keep my stamping order at $30 but ended up spending twice that! I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator so what I spend is a business expense (that's my justification--is it working?). To make the projects I picked for next month (St. Patrick's Day and Easter), I needed more supplies than normal. I will also be trying to save next month as well so hopefully I will actually be able to save something. 

Happy Stampers Project:

Flash Card inspired by Connie Stewart
The card above was my favorite project from last Wednesday night's Happy Stamper's Club. I added the flower and Love ticket afterward. I am a huge fan of Connie Stewart's Flash Cards and this one has so many fun elements on it!

For this project I used the following Stampin' Up! products:
  • Very Vanilla and Pink Pirouette card stock
  • You are Loved stamp set
  • Crumb Cake and Pretty in Pink Classic Stampin' Pads
  • Big Shot with Delicate Designs Folder and Hearts Collection Framelits
  • 5/8" Victoria Crochet Trim; Crumb Cake 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon; Flower and Love Ticket from Artisan Embellishment Kit (Spring Catalog)
What is the weather like where you live? 

Kat

2 comments:

  1. You can't win 'em all! lol! You still did pretty good! Thank you for "giving"! I appreciate that!! :) Your card is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving is easy! It's saving that's hard for me! Thank you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete