Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday


Good morning and welcome to Happy Homemaker Monday! Being sick half of last week put me behind on so many fronts. According to my doctor, my immune system is at an all time low because of the food allergies but as I am not eating the offending foods, it should get better. Right now I am catching everything that flies by in spite of taking Airborne and lots of vitamin C:( I did get over it pretty quick so maybe that means things are getting better??? I can always hope!

Happy Homemaker Monday is initiated each week by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Be sure to pop on over to see what she's been up to. She always has a lot going on!!! So let's get started!

Weather...Cold, cold, cold!!! It is 20 degrees (F) and we have had freezing fog for a week or more:( Our deck is like an ice skating rink and it's covered!

Right now I am...Curled up in hubby's extra large recliner with a cup of Yerba Mate tea and for the first time in several days, I am dressed before noon:)

Thinking... of all that must be done today since I haven't done much for nearly a week!

On my reading pile...All the same books as last week:( When I don't feel well it's hard to read--can't concentrate! Sooo, I watched movies and knitted (slowly) instead.

On my tv...Downton Abbey (last night) plus some Hallmark Hall of Fame movies on SpiritClips. I love having SpiritClips:) I will be watching Cash Cab and The Chew while walking on the treadmill.

Favorite Blog post this past week (mine or other)...I have really been enjoying Sandra's Five Senses Saturday! But it's also hard to beat one of Carla's sewing tutorials!

Something fun to share...Do you knit or crochet? Do you know about Ravelry? I have found some of the best free patterns on Ravelry. Many of them I saw on Pinterest and followed the links to Ravelry. Check it out!!!

On the menu this week...
Monday--leftovers
Tuesday--Pasta and green salad
Wednesday--Mizidra (it's a weekly thing)
Thurday--not sure yet
Friday--Potato Corn Chowder
Not sure about the weekend yet.

On my to do list...Everything I didn't get done last week! Looking back it looks like I did get a few things done that were on my list but still need to do:

  • Thank you cards--make and send (it's starting to get embarrassing)
  • Declutter 50 items since I didn't declutter at all last week.
  • The Cupboard Trilogy DT project
  • Happy Stampers Swap card
  • Dust
  • Clean the bathroom
  • Send one handwritten note via snail mail:) I am going to try to send one per week. 
What I am sewing, knitting, crocheting or creating...
  • Finished knitting a Center Row Lace Headband/Neck Warmer from a pattern I found on Ravelry by Rewind Knit & Crochet. I am knitting another one for a friend.
  • Cards, cards and more cards! Will show you soon:)
  • Itching to start some granny squares
  • Gift for a friend (will have to wait till she gets it to reveal)--working on this week!
Homemaking Tips...Ah, this is a tip I need to start working on again. Several years ago I read about cleaning out one cupboard or closet or drawer a week for an entire year. I did it and it was AMAZING! I am going to start this again this week!

Looking around the house...Dogs everywhere! Seriously, we only have three but one of them is HUGE! Seems like I am stepping over dogs all the time! Also dust everywhere! On Friday when I cleaned house I pooped out before I got the dusting done so it must be done today!

From the camera...

ice buildup on our trees


On my prayer list...

  • Hubby to get well
  • My brother just going back to work after knee surgery
  • My mom--health issues
Bible verse; Devotional...

"Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21

I hope you have a great day! I am hoping to get some fun things done today to be able to show you this week. Tomorrow I will update you on my January No/Low Spend and Declutter Challenge plus show you one of our Happy Stamper's projects from last week! 

Kat




10 comments:

  1. Prayers are with you and your family! Hope you start feeling better. We all recently overcame colds, but now my sister in law and nephew are sick so I'm hoping we don't catch it back.
    I love that idea of cleaning out one drawer or closet a week. That would be so helpful around here! With 2 small kids things can clutter really easily! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you watched Downton Abbey?! Isn't it the best?! I just got Elizabeth hooked on it too! That picture of the tree is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love, love, love Downton Abbey!!! We do seem to have a lot in common:)

      Delete
  3. Hi Kat,

    I found your blog through Sunday Night Chit Chat. I really enjoyed reading your posts. Hope you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I hope you feel better soon, it's frustrating when you don't feel well.

    I always love your menus, they sound so good :)

    Love Ravelry, have been on there for a few years and have found many wonderful patterns.

    Hope you have a really good week, hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll probably "jinx" myself but we are lucky to have stayed clear of the sickies. I pray you get better soon.

    We are in the process of decluttering here as well. It feels so good!! It's amazing how much stuff we collect in a short amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you have managed to stay well. My immune system is almost non-existent:(

      I have sooo many areas in my home that need decluttered! Good luck on your decluttering project:)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for stopping at my blog. Your ice pictures are gorgeous. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words and for visiting my blog!

      Delete