Friday, March 1, 2013

March Design Team Project

Sorry I have been MIA for a couple of days. I had my Happy Stampers Club on Wednesday and then Thursday I felt like someone had pulled the rug out from under me...no.energy.at.all! Guess I pushed my self a little too much after being sick last week:( Feeling a little better today but have that headache I had when I first got sick so hoping it's not starting all over again!

The Cupboard Trilogy Challenges DT project for March

It seems that most everyone I talk to is glad February is over for one reason or another and I agree. February did not turn out to be a real winner for me either! I was sick for a week; did not accomplish even half of my goals for the month--more on that another day; and I have been itching the last few days (gotta figure out what that's about).

But now that March is here I have a clean slate...I can make a new list of goals, try to stay well and figure out which food is making me itch again. I can also finally share with you the Design Team project I did for The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge this month! The theme is Mother's Love! They swear me to secrecy until they post the new month's challenge. I am so NOT good at keeping secrets! PLEASE don't tell me secrets!!! Be sure to check out The Cupboard Trilogy Challenges to see what the other Design Team members did with this theme AND what the challengers are coming up:)

Closeup of corner detail
This card had me stumped at first. I knew I wanted to use purple because varying shades of it are my mother's favorite color. And I knew which stamp set I wanted to use--the retired Messages for Mom stamp set from Stampin' Up! But from there I just started building; a little this and a little that. I got the card "finished" but it was till missing something so I left it overnight to see how I felt about it the next morning (great idea by the way). The next morning I was thinking about some butterflies that I had stamped so cut one out and placed it on the card. Tada! Just was I needed!

For this card I used the following Stampin' Up! products:


  • Whisper White and Concord Crush (retired) card stock; Vellum
  • Messages for Mom stamp set (retired); Strength and Hope (also retired)
  • Concord Crush Classic Stampin' Pad (retired)
  • Big Shot with Honeycomb Embossing Folder
  • Other: Basic Pearls (lots of them); Paper Doilies; 5/8" Whisper White Organza Ribbon (this ribbon makes any project look pretty)
I have a few more Mother's Day cards to make but only have one MOM so this one will go to her:) 

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!

Kat



No comments:

Post a Comment