Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Stippled Blossoms Mother's Day Card

Oh my! It seems I fell of the edge of the earth again:( Not really but have just had no energy and the Fibromyalgia pain was flaring up last week. Today is better but only marginally! I need to get my energy back for my visit to my daughter's next week!

Last Wednesday our Happy Stampers Club met. It was a small group this time but we still had a great time. Always lots of talking and laughing! This group really feeds my soul! Thank you ladies:)


One of the cards we made was using the Stippled Blossoms stamp set! All I can say is WOW! It is a two step stamp set so you stamp the solid image in the lighter color first then the darker color on the second image and stamp right on top of the first. It is truly striking! If you want to see a lot of different cards using this stamp set, go to Pinterest and type Stippled Blossoms in the search bar. The card above was CASed from Michelle Surette at I Stamped That and I found it on Pinterest! Thank you, Michelle for great card inspiration!


I just had to show a closeup of this gorgeous flower! Next month we are planning to do another card using the Stippled Blossoms stamp set only using Midnight Muse and Bashful Blue.

For this card I used the following Stampin' Up! products:

  • Card stock: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink and Raspberry Ripple
  • Classic Stampin' Pads: Old Olive, Pretty in Pink and Raspberry Ripple
  • Stamp sets: Stippled Blossoms and Amazing Family
  • Big Shot with Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder
  • Other: Dimensionals (of course), 5/8" Flower Trim, Mini Glue Dots


I took three of the flowers off of the roll of 5/8" Flower Trim and smooshed them a little in the Raspberry Ripple ink pad to give them a little color. There are so many possibilities with the 5/8" Flower Trim!

I hope you enjoyed this card! Stippled Blossoms is definitely a stamp set that will get a lot of use around here!

Kat

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! :) This card would be a keeper for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carla! I do love this one!!! Hope my mom does!

      Delete