Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I is for Indian Food

Note to regular readers: I hope you are finding this month's posts interesting and will continue to visit throughout the month. I know the posts are not my usual but I really wanted to try the A to Z Blog Challenge to stretch myself as a blogger and writer. I will have more cards and crafty things during this month but not as many as usual. Thanks for taking this journey with me.




Indian curry is real good.
Indian curry is real good. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
My husband LOVES Indian food! Me, not so much! However I have learned to enjoy Naan (Indian bread), Mango Lahsee (yummy drink) and most any dish that has garbanzos and spinach! We have a couple of Indian restaurants we enjoy when we are out and about--Taj Palace in Yakima WA and Taj Palace in Bend, OR; funny, I didn't realize they both had the same name!

Hubby likes to cook Indian food almost as much as he likes to eat it! He purchased Yamuna's Table (below) to help him create authentic, vegetarian Indian dishes. We both enjoy basmati rice and he cooks it perfectly--not sticky! Then he makes curry sauces to put on top of the rice. I enjoy the curry as long as it's not too spicy.



While visiting my daughter last week I was able to get together with her stamping club. They potluck for lunch so I was able to enjoy a delicious garbanzo curry dish, basmati rice and naan made by the hostess Atashie! The stampers are always disappointed when Atashie doesn't make an Indian dish for potluck and I can see why!


Do you like Indian Food? Do you have a favorite Indian restaurant or cookbook? What is your favorite Indian dish?
Have a great day! See you tomorrow for the letter J! Friday's post will be the letter K so will be answering questions about ME! Put your questions in the comment section and I will see what I can do about answering them!


Kat
Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

  1. I've actually never tried indian food, but would like to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Indian food. My daughter and I found a wonderful restaurant in Indianapolis but then she moved. Here in Atlanta my husband found a little Indian restaurant but then we found their health dept. rating had fallen to 43 out of 100 and we're looking for some place else. I like the naan even better then the rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, not good about the health rating:( Hope you find a new place soon. I prefer the naan to rice myself.

      Delete
  3. I love Indian food.
    I don't tend to get very venturous with take away, but if I'm sitting down in the restaurant and the waiter can tell me what's in a dish then I like to try something different.
    Naan bread... sent from heaven itself :D

    auntyamo
    http://ficticiousamo.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely NOT adventurous when it comes to eating Indian food! Can't beat the naan with any dish!

      Delete
  4. yay Indian food is the best and much of it derives from Britain - thanks for your recent visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting! I never think of Britain and curry in the same sentence!

      Delete