Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday


Good Morning and welcome to Happy Homemaker Monday! We are hosted each week by the talented and very busy Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Hop on over to see what she's been up to!

The weather...Sunny and warm:) It should be in the 80s today!!! I am loving it!

Right now I am...Sitting in my chair working on this blog post.

Thinking...About all the things I need to get done today!

On my reading pile...Boring! I am still reading The Last Time They Met by Anita Shreve and Baby Blessed by Debbie Macomber. For our read alouds we are reading Lando by Louis L'Amour (part of the Sackett series) and Thunder Dog by Michael Hingson with Susy Flory.

On my TV...Other than Call the Midwife, I'm not really interested in anything right now. I need to find a Hallmark movie or two so I can finish the baby afghan I'm working on.

What I found while surfing the net...While participating in the A to Z Blog Challenge, I ran across a blog by Sandy called Flat Stanley and Friends. If you haven't read the Flat Stanley books, you need to and if you have, you will love this blog! 

On the menu this week...Oh my! Was I supposed to be thinking about a menu this week? Not sure what the family is up to this week so don't have any menu plans:( What I do know is that we will have a big green salad with homemade salad dressing every day! I need to share a recipe for Honey Mustard Vinaigrette I found on Pinterest! Super yummy!

On my to do list...

  • Laundry, as usual
  • Make cards--isn't that always on my list
  • Start an organizing project
In the craft basket...
  • Blue and Yellow Baby Afghan
  • Hexagon project
  • Cards...lots of cards
Looking forward to this week...Delivering the new Stampin' Up! Catalogs to my customers!!! To you it may seem like a little thing but to me, it's HUGE! I know how much my customers enjoy receiving, looking at and ordering from the new catalog every year so I really look forward to delivering it:)

Looking around the house...The dishes are done, the bed is made; the dogs haven't got all their toys out yet so the living room looks pretty good! The kitchen floor needs swept but with 3 dogs, the kitchen floor always needs swept.

From the camera...

Our fruit trees are really looking good. So far we have escaped frost so that means lots of fruit!
I think I got this picture before hubby did the weed eating.
On my prayer list...
  • Friends and family who are traveling
  • Sister-in-law's family after the death of her mom
  • The continued healing of my hubby's back
  • Friend trying to sell her house
  • Daughter of a friend starting a new job
Bible verse; Devotional...

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Isaiah 26:3

I hope you enjoyed Happy Homemaker Monday! Tomorrow I will have another card for you. I am also entering another challenge at VC Rocks so will see what I can come up with!

Kat




No comments:

Post a Comment