Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday


Ah! Happy Homemaker Monday! For some reason, being able to sit down and participate in Happy Homemaker Monday just makes my week start off better! Happy Homemaker Monday is hosted each week by the talented and very busy Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Check in with Sandra to see what she's up to. Right now she is packing up her home in Arizona in preparation for their move to Idaho! 

Sooo, 

The weather...It is sunny, windy and warm. At 9:00 am, it is 70 degrees! I am not complaining as I was cold most of last week!!!

Thinking...About all the cards I need to get made today! Some days you feel it and some days you don't! My mojo is missing but hoping I will get it back once I start playing with my paper and stamps!

On my reading pile...I am currently reading The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood; next up is Spring Fever by Mary Kay Andrews. I know I had these on my reading pile awhile back but then got a book for Mother's Day so set the others aside but now is the time. I am really enjoying The Knitting Circle but then again would most likely enjoy any book that had knitting involved:) 

For our read alouds we are reading Thunder Dog by Michael Hingson with Susy Flory and we will finish up Mohave Crossing by Louis L'Amour tonight. We will start book 10 in the Sackett Series tomorrow night, The Sackett Brand.

On my TV...Nothing much on but will likely watch Cash Cab and part of The Chew while walking on the treadmill.

What I found while surfing the net...I didn't just find this website but it is one that I really enjoy...6PM.COM. They carry name brand shoes at great discounts. Each week they have one or more brands with BIG discounts! 

On the menu for this week...It's really hard for me to plan a menu since I don't know more than a day ahead whether or not I will be the only one home to eat it! 

On my to do list...

  • Laundry
  • Water hanging baskets and plants in greenhouse (daily deal)
  • Bake loaf of gluten free bread (Thursday or Friday)
  • Search for good gluten free website (we're not gluten free but have friends who are)
  • Make cards, make cards, make cards--hopefully get them all in the mail by Wednesday.
In the craft basket...I just finished the baby boy afghan I was working on so need to decide on my next project. I haven't done anything yet toward making hexies so maybe that will be my next project!

Looking around the house...Dog toys everywhere! Someone needs to teach them to pick up their toys! lol Dishes need to be done and the bed needs to be made yet. All in all, not too bad.

From the camera...


We are three weeks away from the cherries being ripe and the birds are already pecking away. Hubby put come reflective tape in the trees to see if it will scare the birds away. Last year we got a few pounds of cherries but have three trees! As my husband said, we would be happy to share but the birds don't want to share; they want them all!

On my prayer list...
  • Sandra and her family as they find a new home and move.
  • Ed following his surgery. 
  • My brother as we near the 1 year anniversary of his wife's death.
Bible verse; Devotional...

"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God." Matthew 5:8

4 comments:

  1. Oooh I've read the Knitting Circle and enjoyed it, glad you are too :)

    Hahaha my Lola leaves her toys (babies) all over the house too and even takes them to bed at times lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rocky puts toys in his bed and then thinks they are safe from the other dogs! Animals are funny!

      Delete
  2. Mmm.. LOVE cherries! Wish I could still eat them... :( Your book sounds interesting! Nothing better than a good book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love good books! Fortunately cherries are still on the list of things I can eat! So sorry you can't eat them:(

      Delete