Thursday, June 6, 2013

Happy Mail


Today when I picked up my mail at the Post Office, there was a package from Loni Holt--the blog candy I won! What a cute kleenex holder using Stampin' Up! fabric (retired but a favorite of mine)! You can check out Loni's blog at Loni's Life! No more tissues in a ziplock bag for me!

I was working like crazy getting the 11 cards finished that I needed to send for a VC Rocks Swap! Why do I get myself into these things?!!! Because I love the cards I get in return, that's why. However, with my Fibromyalgia, when I get stressed I get headaches, body aches, and start shutting down mentally:( So not fun! I just need to pace myself a little better. 

So, I had this project...the 11 cards...that needed to get done and I had a great card I was going to CASE from Connie Stewart at Simply Simple Stamping. She made it look so easy but after 5 tries I had to give it up! I am usually not so easily stumped. So then I thought I would WOW everyone with the Swallowtail Butterfly Surprise Card but alas couldn't make that one work either! So, this is what I finally came up with...



This was a little out of the box for me because I usually don't do bright colors and this is definitely bright! But I love it! Don't you love the border stamp?!!!



This is called a Tri-fold Card and the picture above is what it looks like when opened.

For this card I used the following Stampin' Up! supplies:

  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Island Indigo and Pool Party
  • Quatrefancy Specialty Designer Series Paper
  • Stamp Sets: Mosaic Madness, Sassy Salutations and Papillon Potpourri
  • Classic Stampin' Pads: Island Indigo and Strawberry Slush
  • Other: Basic Rhinestone; Mini Glue Dots
So far on my card list I have made 16 Thank You Cards (all sent out); 13 of the card above (10 of them sent out as we only ended up with 9 in the swap) and two birthday cards (also sent)! I have the following to get finished in the next week:
  • Graduation Card
  • Bridal Shower Card
  • Father's Day Cards (2 done and 2 left to do)
  • Anniversary Card for Hubby
  • 2 Baby Cards
  • 3 projects for the next Happy Stampers Club
  • Congratulations card for new downline member--Yay! Charina!!!
Well, that's it for me today! Wait till you see what I have to show you tomorrow!

Kat

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Than you, Lena! Hopefully my love for the craft shows in my cards! I love to receive handmade cards so enjoy making them for others.

      Delete