Monday, August 5, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday


Good morning and welcome to Happy Homemaker Monday! We are hosted each week by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. You will enjoy reading about Sandra's adventures going from Air Force Wife to Country Life. I am also enjoying reading about her brother and family coming to live in Idaho from South Africa!!! Now, that's an adventure!!!

The weather...
It will be exceedingly warm today...probably high 90's but it feels a little muggy which is rare for us.

Right now I am...
Relaxing in my recliner writing this post.

Thinking...
About all I need to do today.

On my reading pile...

  • The Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy
  • The Covenant by Beverly Lewis (yes, I am still reading this...not because it's not good; I just got side-tracked)
  • A Little Bit Country by Debbie Macomber
  • Read aloud: Mustang Man by Louis L'Amour (another book in the Sackett series)
On my TV...
I think I found a new favorite TV show! It's called Secret Millionaire and is on Sunday nights! LOVE IT!!! 

What I found while surfing the net...
We have food allergies at our house and wheat seems to be causing some issues here lately. I read that sprouted wheat might be a good alternative so was checking out websites and found Chef Tess Bakeresse! She has so much on her website but am particularly interested in the Sprouted Wheat Bread and Sprouted Wheat Tortillas.

On the menu for this week...A whole lot of green salad! When it's hot I don't feel like eating much so will likely pair whatever sounds good with a big yummy green salad!

On my to do list...
  • Laundry (I try to do one load every day and that keeps me pretty well caught up)
  • Purge and organize in Craft Room
  • Can a few more quarts of apricots 
In the craft basket...
Still working on the Granny Square Afghan. I took a little break but am ready to get back to it!

Looking forward to this week...Making a significant dent in my craft room mess.

Looking around the house...
  • Dishes need to be done from breakfast
  • My end table is a little messy with magazines
  • Window above the couch needs washed clean of Rocky's nose prints
  • Dogs and dog toys everywhere!
From the camera...
A visitor to our home last week! He was in the garage on Hubby's tool box!
On my prayer list...
  • Friends needing prayer
  • Margarita and her family as they move to Japan. Hubby is in the Navy and will be stationed there for awhile.
  • Kylee as she is getting ready for her wedding this month!
Bible verse; Devotional...
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." --Isaiah 26:3

Well, I had better get to that "to do" list if I want to get any crafting done this week!

Kat


3 comments:

  1. came over from the happy homemaker linky. When I have time to read books, Debbie Macomber
    is one of my favorites too. have a good week in your craft room. beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie Macomber is always a good read:) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. How did I not see this? Thanks Kathy-kat for the prayers!! They must've been heard because we've transitioned well and are settling in :) xo!

    ReplyDelete