Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday


Welcome to Happy Homemaker Monday! As usual, we are hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

I am super late getting this posted but it is still Monday so guess that's okay. I have had a plugged up kitchen sink for two weeks so dishes and cooking took twice as long as usual having to haul water from the bathroom and doing dishes in tubs on the counter. Today the sink is finally flowing free plus hubby put in a new faucet which was really needed!

So, let's get started!

As I look outside my window...
Well, it is night now so it is dark...and cold! It didn't get very warm today so I was super thankful for our wood stove and a good supply of wood.

Right now I am...
Talking on the phone with my daughter while typing this post. My darling granddaughter "broke" as Stampin' Up! stamp pad so had to talk my daughter through putting it back together again. I can do it but wasn't sure I could talk her through it. Success!!!

Thinking and pondering...
Thinking about what projects we are going to do for our Happy Stampers Club on Wednesday.

On my bedside table...
Me and my Sisters by Sinead Moriarty
We are on our last book in Louis L'Amour's Sackett series! I think there are 17 in all.

On my TV tonight...
I watched Paradise on PBS last night! I think I am going to like that series:)

Playing on the radio...
Sounds like elevator music playing in the background.

On the menu for this week...
Monday -- Haystacks (tortilla chips, pinto beans, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, olives, avocado, salsa)
Tuesday -- Vegetable Stew
Wednesday -- Town Day
Thursday --
Friday --
Saturday -- Church Potluck
Sunday -- 

On my to do list...

  • Get projects ready for Happy Stampers Club
  • Make swap cards (nope, still don't have these finished)
  • Clean kitchen
  • Work on my 20 things to get done before Thanksgiving
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or crafting...
  • I finished a crocheted scarf using some yummy llama wool. I am hoping to purchase some more soon.
  • I am joining my granny squares! It's about time, right?!!!
  • Crocheting a pair of slippers 
  • Cards! Cards! Cards!

My simple pleasure...
Blogging:) I love to blog, especially when it's quiet and I am alone with my thoughts!

Lesson learned the past week...
I think Sandra and I must have had some similar experiences this week. I got super annoyed with someone who said some not very nice things to me. After stewing for a bit, the verse came to me, "Great peace have they which love thy law and nothing shall offend them." Psalm 119:165.

Looking around the house...
Cat's sleeping on the couch; dogs are sleeping on the floor next to me; hubby is reading on his computer in his chair. We won't talk about the kitchen...I did some cleaning but it needs a lot of work tomorrow.

From the camera...

The cactus I started for my daughter is blooming!
On my prayer list...

  • Family of a friend who died recently
  • My family members for various reasons
  • Friend with health issues
Bible verse; Devotional...
I have to go with the one I quoted above as I keep having to repeat it each time the enemy reminds me of the hurtful words...
"Great peace have they which love thy law and nothing shall offend them." ---Psalm 119:165.

Well, that's it for me tonight! Time to go to bed, read a couple chapters in my book and get some shut-eye!

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment