Friday, November 1, 2013

Spots & Stripes for The Cupboard Trilogy Challenges

Welcome November! 

First off I have to explain that somehow "spots" translated in my brain to "circles". I read the challenge several times and each time it translated for me the same...circles! It wasn't until after I had completed and submitted my design team projects to The Cupboard Trilogy Challenges that I realized my error. Well, it is what it is! I didn't have time to do the projects over but those neat spots from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set would have looked great on this card before embossing the bottom section. Hmmm...I may have to try that! At least I got the stripes right:) 



Thinking I was supposed to use circles, I decided to try my hand at making circle punch roses. Making them this small was a little challenging especially for my first time. I do think I will try them again. Make sure you have Glue Dots on hand if you try making these roses; so much easier than glue!

So, how did I come up with adding the Coastal Cabana to this card? By using the Color Coach, of course! I am finding the Color Coach to be a very valuable tool when trying to decide what color to add for that extra little pop!

For this card I used the following Stampin' Up! supplies:

  • Paper: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard and Coastal Cabana cardstock; Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper
  • Stamps: Chalk Talk
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip and Coastal Cabana
  • Punches: 1 3/8" Circle and Bird Builder (for leaves)
  • Big Shot with Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder and Chalk Talk Framelits
  • Other: Dimensionals and Glue Dots
I will be back a little later today with my second design team project for The Cupboard Trilogy Challenges.

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment