Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sunday Night Chit-Chat

Welcome to the Sunday Night Chit-Chat! We are hosted each week by Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily

It is bitterly cold here! Last night's temp was 5 degrees (F)...brrr! During our drive home we came through an area that was -5 degrees (F)!!! Hubby has been having to run a heater in our insulated fruit room and manage the vents in our root cellar to keep things from freezing! We have a little bit of snow but it drifted pretty bad so don't know exactly how much we got; 3-4 inches most likely!

DS has been participating in The Journey to Bethlehem in Hermiston this weekend. It is an outdoor program and they have been struggling to keep warm. Tonight is the last night and I'm sure he won't be sorry about that.

Last night was Hubby's company Christmas Party and I brought home this beautiful centerpiece...



I will really be enjoying this centerpiece for the next couple of weeks:)

So, on with the Chit-Chat!

I am...


  • Reading: Still reading The Beach House by Mary Alice Monroe. I should be able to finish it tonight:)
  • Listening to: I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas:)))
  • Watching: Not sure. We were talking about watching Wives and Daughters on Netflix.
  • Cooking/Baking: No cooking today! We ate leftover Potato Leek Soup with green salad.
  • Happy you accomplished this week: Staying warm and keeping things from freezing has been a big focus! Hopefully will warm up a little this week.
  • Looking forward to next week: It's time for my Happy Stampers to meet again:D Always love meeting with the ladies!!!
  • Thankful for today: Our wood stoves and a good supply of wood for the winter. With temperatures of 5 degrees (F), it is a blessing to be able to stay warm!
  • Bonus question: What is your favourite Christmas carol? I just heard this carol last night for the first time and downloaded it to my iPad...I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas by Gayle Peevey! I also like I'll Be Home for Christmas.
I hope you are all warm and comfy in your homes tonight!

Kat

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I can so relate!! They said it's going to be 4 degrees outside tonight here. I'm ready for spring already:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such a warm weather person! I start looking for spring about the middle to end of October! But Christmas would be a little weird with warm weather! It would be worth a try, though! Thanks for visiting, Lena! Think of you often:)

      Delete