Monday, June 30, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday


I had hoped to get my Happy Homemaker Monday up this morning but the day just seemed to get away from me! I had some cards that absolutely had to get made and mailed today so was busy in my craft room until time to go to town. Oh well, it's still Monday so here goes! A big thank you to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom, our weekly host for Happy Homemaker Monday!

As I look outside my window:::
Today was beautiful! 80 degrees (F), blue sky, low humidity...perfect! Our garden is beautiful; everything is growing and producing!

Right now I am::: 
Sitting in my bed waiting for hubby to get finished with his work.  

Thinking and pondering:::
About what needs to be done before I leave for my daughter's on Thursday.

On my bedside table:::
Same as usual...books and napkins:)   

On my tv this week:::
We are still binge watching Royal Pains! 


Listening to:::
Rocky snoring at the foot of my bed!
 
On the menu for this week:::
No menu but I am thinking we will be having potato salad and veggie hotdogs on Friday:) 


On my to do list:::
Laundry
Get things ready to take to my daughters (make granola, raisin bread, potato salad)

Pick raspberries

Happening this week:::
Monday - Went to Chiropractor today and delivered Stampin' Up! orders
Wednesday - Cooking, cleaning, packing
Thursday - Leaving to visit my daughter and family
Friday - 4th of July--daughter's neighborhood has a big potluck and fireworks

What I am creating:::

Still working on a baby girl afghan but the baby girl turned into a baby boy! LOL Sooo, when I finish this one I need to start a baby boy afghan!

My simple pleasure:::
Knitting or crocheting! It is so relaxing and I love how you can turn yarn into something useful with knitting needles or a crochet hook.

Homemaking tips::: 
Instead of using the expensive Jet Dry in the dishwasher, try plain, old, ordinary, white vinegar! It works just as good and costs a whole lot less!!!

Looking around the house:::
Things are a little messy after a busy day but not to worry; I will clean it all up tomorrow! 

From the camera:::
I don't have anything today. Hubby took a lot of pictures of the garden but I haven't downloaded them to the computer yet. Maybe I need to add that to my "to do" list.
Prayer List:::
Friends and family who need healing.

Bible verse, Devotional:::
Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he." Proverbs 29:18 (from my devotional reading this morning: Promises for Your Everyday Life by Joyce Meyer)


Well, that's it for me today! See you tomorrow with a card for The Cupboard Trilogy Challenges!

Kat


2 comments:

  1. I'm sure that baby will appreciate the afghan, even though he turned out to be not quite as expected!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His big brother loved his! The parents sent me pictures of Zack with his afghan and said he uses it all the time!

      Delete